Thursday, April 3, 2008

The set completed.

Today I headed back to Fernleigh Farm to pick up Beatrice the third of the Wessex Saddlebacks I had purchased in late February. I was to have picked her up on Wednesday but with a storm whipping through the state and with wind gusting upto 120km/hr I decided it wouldnt be a pleasant trip for either myself or Beatrice.


When I arrived Beatrice had already been put in the stables a lesson we learnt when trying to put Prince and Doreen up onto the back of the ute from out in the paddock. Bernie set up the ramp and after sprinkling some food up the ramp and into the back of the ute Beatrice went much easily than her buddies Prince and Doreen. After a quick chat to Fiona and after Beatrice had a quick jab of Dectomax to help with the lice we were on the road back to Greenvale. For the 2hour journey back Beatrice refused to sit down and stood all the way.


Back at Greenvale Beatrice didnt seem to settle initially and hadnt eaten much however she has seemed to have come around and is getting out and wandering around where in the first couple of days just lay in the pen.

No comments: